ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Auditor Training Course
|Course type :||Classroom|
|Course Duration :||40 hours|
|Certification :||Kelmac Group|
|Continuing Education :||units|
This course is available in the following delivery options.
Kelmac Group offer all of our training classes on an on-site basis. There are many benefits to on-site training where compared to an open/public training class, we can customize the training to suit the client organization, building in important client documentation and examples plus facilitating live practical exercises (where held at a client facility and subject to advance planning).
Please Contact Us if you need additional information or by phone, call +1 312.496.6607
For on-site training we seek important information from every client to ensure that the learning solution provided achieves the learning objectives for the target group – in line with Kelmac Group’s distinct high standards of design & delivery, including:
1. The Target Audience
Who is attending the training? This is very important to understand the prior knowledge and experience of the learner (s) so we know what level of training is required.
2. Defined and Agreed Learning Objectives
Its vital that its clear and understood clearly what type of training is required and what the learners will be able or expected to achieve once the training is completed.
3. Expected Duration
In the design phase, its useful that the training design team & instructor is aware of a specific duration that the client has in mind for the training. This can be tricky as sometimes a client may have limitations or requirements for the training to be conducted in a certain timeframe or duration and this may impact the training delivery and depth of coverage to ensure the training fits in with the clients expectations and requirements as best as possible.
4. Preferred Location & Language of Delivery
Not to be ignored and a key piece of input is where the training will take place and language to determine availability and suitability of the instructor who would deliver the training.
5. Number of participants (Learners)
The number of learners is crucial as the most effective learning is interactive and exercise based (Learning By Doing) and the timings and duration of the training will be impacted by the number of learners. It may also be required to have additional trainers or split the training over multiple sessions to accommodate larger groups to ensure the training is effective.
At Kelmac Group® we ensure we capture all of the required information as detailed above to ensure we provide the most effective, value adding learning solution to the client. We pride ourselves on our reputation and our proven history since 1994 of leading the way for ensuring our courses are designed based on best practice in industry plus based on available schematics and internationally recognized standards for the highest quality in delivery.
If you are interested in a customized training event, please use the contact us form found to the right of this page and send us the details of your requirement and a member of our team will be back in contact with you as promptly as possible. Please Contact Us if you need additional information or by phone, call +1 312.496.6607
This QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor based on ISO/IEC 17025:2005 course focuses on giving delegates the knowledge and skills to conduct effective audits for a Laboratory Quality Management System. The primary aim of this training course is to instruct Laboratory Auditors in the principles and practices specific to auditing for conformance with ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and ISO 19011:2002 including ISO 17021:2006.
Experienced Tutors guide delegates through the audit cycle using the process approach to determine the degree of conformity, compliance, effectiveness and efficiency of the Laboratory Quality Management System being audited.
Kelmac Group Certified Course
This course has been designed by leading experts to provide high quality training to professionals seeking to effectively understand a Laboratory Quality Management System based on ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
- The knowledge and skills to effectively audit your management system
- To conduct a risk assessment of the effectiveness and maturity of your management system
- The ability to conduct second party and third party audits of your supply chain.
A detailed course breakdown is as follows:
- 8 Principles of Quality Management
- Auditor Certification and ISO/IEC 17024:2003
- QMS Framework and Process Management
- ISO 17025:2005 Application
- Permissble Exclusions
- ISO 17025:2005 Requirements
- ISO 17025:2005 Process Model/Requirements
- QMS Documentation
- Customer Satisfaction Identification and Measurement
- Employee Competence & Awareness
- Audit Roles & Responsibilities including Accreditation and Certification
- Two stage approach to Initial Registration
- Audit Planning
- Examination Techniques/Revision
- Developing an Audit Plan/Scope
- Conducting the Document Review
- Developing Audit Protocols/Checklists
- Conducting on-site Audit activities
- Opening Meeting
- Examination Techniques/Revision
- Collecting and verifying information
- Auditing Top Management
- Handling difficult situations
- Audit Reporting
- Summary Audit Report
- Completing the Audit/Audit Follow up
- Closing/Exit Meeting
- Course Summary/Continuous Assessment Report
- Course Examination
- Course Evaluation/Feedback
Who Should Attend?
- Quality Managers
- Quality Professionals/Technicians
- Quality Engineers
- Procurement Personnel
- Financial Personnel
- Document Controllers
- Internal Auditors
- Owner Managers
- Implementation Members
- Understand the history, philosophy, concepts and benefits of a Laboratory Quality Management System
- Explain the purpose of and intent of the ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Review in brief the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Understand the responsibilities of an Auditor/Lead Auditor and describe the role of members of the Audit team in the maintenance and improvement of a Laboratory Quality management systems
- Plan and prepare for an leading an Audit team
- Gathering evidence through observation, interview and sampling of all aspects of a laboratory's work, including witnessing tests and calibrations
- Write factual audit reports that help improve the effectiveness of the Laboratory Quality Management System
- Conduct audit follow-up to verify the effectiveness of corrective and preventative actions
- Understand the importance and benefits of improving auditor performance
IRCA recommend that any delegate attending this course has prior knowledge of ISO 9001:2008
The delegate is assessed based on participation and performance throughout the duration of the course. This includes all exercises, role plays, case studies and all other activities during the course. Please note, full attendance is required during the training course.
There is a 2 hour written examination at the end of the course. The exam is open book in that a delegate is entitled to use their own notes taken while on the course, the use of the delegate manual and any other supplementary material provided including their copy of the International Standard (s) in question. The minimum pass rate for the examination is 70%.
Accelerated learning is the most advanced teaching and learning method available today. Itʼs a total system of enhancing and speeding up both the design and learning process. What makes accelerated learning so effective is that itʼs based on the way we naturally learn. It does this by actively involving the whole person, using physical activity, creativity, collaboration among learners, variety that appeals to all learning styles, contextual learning with real-world immersion, the creation of a positive physical, emotional, and social environment and other methods designed to get people deeply involved in their own learning
What's Included with Course Fee?
- Comprehensive Course Manual
- Expertise and Wisdom of Tutor (s)
- Additional Handouts
No review available.
“Accelerated Learning” (AL) is the most advanced teaching and learning method available today – it is a total system of speeding up and enhancing the design and learning process. What makes Accelerated Learning so effective is that itʼs based on the way we naturally learn. It actively involves the whole person, using physical activity; creativity; collaboration among learners; variety that appeals to all learning styles; contextual learning with real-world immersion; the creation of a positive physical, emotional, and social environment; and other methods designed to get people deeply involved in their own learning.
Experienced instructors guide students through the role of an Auditor in planning, conducting, reporting, and following up an audit (in accordance with ISO 19011:2011 and ISO/IEC 17021) by interpreting the requirements of ISO/FSSC 22000. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of:
- Pre-course assignments and tests;
- Formal classroom tutorials;
- Practical role playing assignments;
- Group workshops and open forum discussions;
- Continuous self-assessment during on-site delivery and post assessment; and
- Written examination in FSMS
What's Included in the Course
- FREE online access to relevant reference material via the Kelmac Group®
- FREE online access to all primary and relevant standards from course registration until completion of the course program
- FREE online study guide to assist in the completion of the pre-course assignment tests, on-site delegate assessment and post assessment, written examinations
- FREE online assessments prior to commencing the on-site class via the Kelmac Group® Learning Management System
- Comprehensive and publishing quality delegate manual that can be used as a reference manual by students following the on-site course