Case Study: Pro-Chem-Co achieves ISO 9001:2015 Certification
Pro-Chem-Co manufacture and supply speciality fluids and services to the Steel and Metalworking Industries. Located in Lake Station, Indiana, Pro-Chem-Co is certified to ISO 9001 by NSF- International Strategic Registration (ISR). Pro-Chem-Co engaged Kelmac Group® to assist with their transition from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015, using our Share-The-Work consulting option.
What We Did ISO 9001:2015 Certification Consulting
Consulting Methodology UsedShare-The-Work Consulting
- What were the Challenges?
Having been certified to ISO 9001 since the early 1990s, the Pro-Chem-Co team had good technical knowledge of Quality Management Systems. However, the major revision of the standard posed several challenges including:
- Alignment of the QMS with the business strategy and context
- Application of the process approach and risk based thinking throughout the organization
- Understanding of Top Managements new role and responsibilities.
- Ensuring that sufficient resources were available to upgrade the QMS to ISO 9001:2015 with minimal impact on day to day operations
- Designing and implementing a QMS that provided valuable and meaningful data to drive continuous improvement
- What was the Kelmac Group Solution?
Kelmac Group® provided two expert consultants who worked closely with the Pro-Chem-Co team to successfully transition their QMS to ISO 900:2015.
Support was provided on-site at Pro-Chem-Co`s location in Lake Station and remotely using video conferencing, as required:
- Kelmac Group® provided oversight of the project from start to finish, ensuring that the project remained on track and was completed on time and within budget.
- One to One coaching/mentoring was provided to designated personnel allowing for knowledge transfer and dissemination throughout the organization
- Coaching/mentoring on the new Leadership requirements of ISO 9001 was provided to the management team
- Kelmac Group® worked closely with the management team, ensuring that the QMS was designed to provide valuable and meaningful data to drive continuous improvement
- A full audit of the QMS was completed prior to Pro-Chem-Co`s transition audit by NSF-ISR and audit support provided as required.
- What was the Outcome?
Pro-Chem-Co were successfully certified to ISO 9001:2015 by NSF-ISR in May 2018. In addition, the following benefits were realized:
- Alignment between business strategy and QMS achieved
- Easy to use process methodology adopted allowing for streamlining of business activities
- Full set of user-friendly QMS documentation procedures and templates provided
- Management have a greater understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and how it can add value to the organization
“Kelmac Group® expertly assisted with our transition from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015. Kelmac Group® shared best practices and provided all of the materials, planning and guidance necessary to ensure a smooth transition to the new standard”