ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course (Replacing OHSAS 18001)
Course Overview Who is this course for?
This ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course (Replacing OHSAS 18001) is based on assisting and verifying the competencies/capabilities of the Learner to be able to effectively audit a complete OH&SMS based on ISO 45001:2018 requirements with specific emphasis of 2nd Party auditing [Customer/Supplier audits] and 3rd Party auditing [Certification Bodies].
During the delivery, the Learner will complete a Consultant facilitated complete systematic audit of an OH&SMS.
Key Course Learning Outcome Why this course is unique?
We focus on consistent interpretation & application the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 and the ability to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a different Health & Safety Management System scenarios to provide Assurance the Health & Safety Management System meets the needs of the interested parties.
Course Basics What is essential to know about this course?
- This is a 5-day (45hr) learning event.
- Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 17:30pm
- Prior Learning Requirement: Learners are required to be familiar with ISO 45001:2018 Requirements or have completed a recognised OH&SMS Fundamentals course based on ISO 45001:2018 prior to registering for this course.
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Please Contact Us if you need additional information or if you don't see a date that works for you. To register by phone, call (312) 496 6607
All our courses are available onsite, click below to reference the form for an onsite training quote or call (312) 496 6607
|Start Date||Location||Cost||Days||Public Course||Onsite|
|June 8th 2020||
To Be Confirmed
* Advance 45 Day Early Bird Discount, Terms & Conditions Apply
** Advance 75 Day Early Bird Discount, Terms & Conditions Apply
Course Learning TopicsWhat does the course cover?
- The Business/Societal Case for ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 45001 Standards Family*
- Purpose and Impact of Annex SL
- New and Revised Terminology
- The Relationship between External and Internal Issues, Interested Party Requirements
- Risks and Opportunities
- Effective Communication and Life Cycle Thinking
Introduction to Auditing
- Audit Terminology, Principles, OHS Audits
- Auditor Code of Ethics
- Management of an Audit Program
- Audit Terminology, Principles, OHS Audits
- Audit Life Cycle (On-site & Off-site Audit Activities)
- Auditor/Auditee Roles, Responsibilities*
- Desired Auditor Behaviors**
Introduction to OHS Auditing
- Aligning the Business Processes and the OHS Model*
- Process Terminology*
- OHS Process Models/Methodology & Categories*
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of a Process*
- Processes and the Application of PDCA and Risk*
- The OHS Certification Cycle & 3rd Party Certification**
- Special Conformity Audits**
- Initiating & Preparing for the Audit
- Audit Trails
- Purpose and benefits for establishing initial contact and forms of contact
- Case Study: Document Review
- Audit Plan
- Audit Checklist
- Audit Protocol
- Purpose, process and benefit of an Opening Meeting
- Case Study – Opening Meeting
- Lead Auditor Leadership and Supervision**
- Responsibilities of the Lead Auditor
- Communication throughout the Audit Life Cycle
- Monitoring Audit Progress
- Consensus and Resolution Conflicts
- Lead Auditor Leadership
- Audit Reporting
- Audit Follow-Up
- Auditor/Technical Expert Coaching, Mentoring and Evaluation**
- Collecting and Verifying Information
- Introduction to Audit Findings
- Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing the Audit Report**
Completing the Audit
- Evaluating Correction & Corrective Action including Root Cause Analysis and Audit Finding Closure
- Audit Follow Up Strategies
- Final Audit Team Meeting
- Closing/Exit Meeting & Role Play
*Kelmac Group cover this topic in more depth compared to our competitors.
**Kelmac Group proven added value as this material is not covered by the IRCA specification or our competitors.
Course Certification Kelmac Group
An application is being made to CQI/IRCA for this course.
Working with a Case Study: Almost Full Documented OH&SMS Why is this important?
Each Learner will audit the almost full documented OH&SMS from the unique Kelmac Group® assurance perspective. The Kelmac Group® assurance perspective is unique as we audit like many professional financial audit practices where the focus is on providing top management with the quality of insight to make decisions and actions aimed at improving performance of the organization.
We boast the most comprehensive documented OHS Case Study available including an Integrated EH&S (ISO 14001 & ISO 45001) Manual; 13 SIPOC processes [Value chain, Support and Management]; 19 procedures; the organization’s OHS Hazards, Risks and Controls, the organization’s statutory and regulatory and other legal obligations register, the organization’s emergency preparedness and response plan, the organization’s risk register, and related documented templates and records.
Evaluating Business Processes Why is this important?
One of the most important USPs of this Kelmac Group course is that we show each Learner how to evaluate business processes, not just ISO processes and align with the strategic intent of the organization. Business Processes include Marketing & Sales, Design, Manufacturing, Logistics, Installation, Purchasing & HR. We cover this practically and from the OHS Auditor Perspective.
Others train followers, we train leaders™