VIRTUAL [VILT] FSSC 22000 Rev 5.1 + ISO 22000:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course | CQI-IRCA Certified
Course Overview Who is this course for?
We offer a comprehensive, highly interactive five-day Food Safety Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor (FSSC 22000 V5.1 and ISO 22000:2018) that teaches Learners the principles, processes, and techniques used for the assessment of and management of Food Safety Hazards; and their significance for FSMS lead auditors/auditors.
FSSC 22000 includes ISO 22000:2018.
Our Virtual [VILT] FSSC 22000 v5.1 and ISO 22001:2018 Lead Auditor training develops the Learner skills to effectively audit the most pressing food safety issues facing customers and society today.
We focus on consistent interpretation & application the requirements of FSSC 22000 v5.1 & ISO 22000:2018 and the ability to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of different FSMS scenarios to provide Assurance the relevant Management System meets the needs of the interested parties.
The Kelmac Group® is the oldest CQI-IRCA Accredited Training Provider of ISO 22000 Auditor/Lead Auditor training in the world since 2005. We have unmatched experience in this field that has seen us deliver this training in over 15 countries around the world and to some of the largest organizations in the world including FSAI, Nestle, Kraft, General Mills, USDA, Primus Labs/Azzule, Silliker & on behalf of the World Bank/IFC.
Kelmac Group® offers both FSSC 22000 V5.1 + ISO 22000:2018 Auditor/Lead Auditor Training publicly and private classes. We have unmatched experience in this field that has seen us deliver this training in over 15 countries around the world and to some of the largest organizations in the world.
Kelmac Group are a licensed training provider of the Foundation for Food Safety Certification (FSSC).
Recommend prior knowledge: FD128 ISO 22000:2018 Foundation (FSMS)
• The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
a) Food safety management
• A knowledge of the principles of food safety management including prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002 (All parts) and HACCP
• The relationship between food safety management and the provision of safe food products to prevent or minimize adverse effects on human health and the proactive improvement of food safety performance.
• Awareness of common examples of relevant national and local FSMS legislation and requirements
b) FSSC 22000
Knowledge of the requirements of FSSC 22000 and the commonly used food safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 22000, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 22000:2018 Foundation (FSMS)Training course or acceptable equivalent.
Key Course Learning Outcome Why this course is unique?
Course Basics What is essential to know?
- This is a 5-day (40hr) learning event.
- Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 17:30pm (each day) with an earlier finish on the final day at 2pm
- The Kelmac Group will provide access to relevant eStandards during the delivery of the classroom or virtual or classroom delivery
- Prior Learning Requirements: There are important pre-requisites, please review the Course Overview tab below to review these important details.
- Please note: by registering for this course, each Learner is confirming that they have read and fulfill any relevant prior learning requirements for this course.
- Course Dates
- Course Program/Topics
- Why Our Course
- Basic Course Requirements
- Virtual Technology Requirements
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Please Contact Us if you need additional information or if you don't see a date that works for you. To register by phone, call (312) 496 6607
All our courses are available onsite, click below to reference the form for an onsite training quote or call (312) 496 6607
Early Bird Discounting Available:
Register & Pay 45 days in advance and save $ 50
Register & Pay 75 days in advance and save $ 100
Discounts cannot be combined with any other offer.
|Start Date||Location||Cost||Days||Public Course||Onsite|
|14th June 202108 : 00 AM - 17 : 30 AM EST||Virtual||
( $45.00 CQI-IRCA Certification/eCourse Material Content Fee )
* Advance 45 Day Early Bird Discount, Terms & Conditions Apply
** Advance 75 Day Early Bird Discount, Terms & Conditions Apply
Introduction to Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS)
- Purpose and benefits of a FSMS
- Overview of HACCP
- Food Safety Hazard Controls: PRP’s and Hazard Control Plan
- Introduction to FSSC 22000 V5.1
- FSSC 22000 V5.1 Specific Requirements
- FSSC 22000 Schemes
- Industry Sector PRP Schemes
- ISO 22000:2018 Structure and Terminology
- ISO 22000:2018 Documentation Requirements
- Other GFSI Schemes Overview
Introduction to Auditing
- Audit Terminology, Principles, FSMS Audits
- Auditor Code of Ethics
- Management of an Audit Program
- Audit Life Cycle (On-site & Off-site Audit Activities)
- Auditor/Auditee Roles, Responsibilities*
- Desired Auditor Behaviors**
- The FSMS Certification Cycle & 3rd Party Certification**
- Special Conformity Audits**
- Initiating & Preparing for the Audit
- Audit Trails
- Purpose and benefits for establishing initial contact and forms of contact
- Case Study: Document Review
- Audit Plan
- Audit Checklist
- Audit Protocol
- Purpose, process and benefit of an Opening Meeting
- Case Study – Opening Meeting
- Lead Auditor Leadership and Supervision**
- Responsibilities of the Lead Auditor
- Communication throughout the Audit Life Cycle
- Monitoring Audit Progress
- Consensus and Resolution Conflicts
- Lead Auditor Leadership
- Audit Reporting
- Audit Follow-Up
- Auditor/Technical Expert Coaching, Mentoring and Evaluation**
- Collecting and Verifying Information
- Introduction to Audit Findings
- Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing the Audit Report**
Completing the Audit
- Evaluating Correction & Corrective Action including Root Cause Analysis and Audit Finding Closure
- Audit Follow Up Strategies
- Final Audit Team Meeting
- Closing/Exit Meeting & Role Play
*Kelmac Group cover this topic in more depth compared to our competitors.
**Kelmac Group proven added value as this material is not covered by the CQI-IRCA specification or our competitors.
Course Certification CQI & IRCA Certified Course (A18114)
This course is fully recognized by CQI & IRCA.
Before starting this course, each Learner is expected to have the following prior knowledge:
Food Safety Management Principles & Concepts:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as FSSC, GLOBALGAP, BRC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to students’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Requirements of ISO 22000 and the commonly used food safety management terms and definitions as given in ISO 22000.
Each learner will be required to have their own copy of ISO 22000:2018, ISO 22002-1:2009 + FSSC 22000 Rev 4.1 for use during the training
Please note: by registering for this course, each Learner is confirming that they have read and fulfill any relevant prior learning requirements for this course.
The learner is assessed during the on-site class based on participation and performance throughout the duration of the course. This includes all exercises, role plays, case studies and all other activities during the course.
PLEASE NOTE: Full attendance is required during the training course.
Post the on-site class. There is a written auditor e-examination which is completed throughout the virtual on-site class. The auditor e-examination is based on FSMS, or ISO 22000. The e-examination is closed book; however, the learner is recommended to have a hard-copy version of the relevant management system standard (ISO 22000) for class use. The Kelmac Group will provide a eStandard version for use throughout the virtual course and e-examination. The minimum pass rate for the written auditor examination is 70%.
- Individuals interested in conducting second- or third-party audits of FSSC 22000 management systems
- Quality/Food Safety Management Representatives
- Food Safety Consultants
- Food Production/Factory Managers
- Enforcement Officers/Regulatory Inspectors
- Microbiologists/Food Technologists/Veterinarians
- HACCP/Food Safety Team Members
- Line Supervisors
- Certification Body/Registrar Auditors
Working with a Case Study: Almost Full Documented FSMS Why is this important?
Each Learner will audit the almost full documented FSMS from the unique Kelmac Group assurance perspective. The Kelmac Group assurance perspective is unique as we audit like many professional financial audit practices where the focus is on providing top management with the quality of insight to make decisions and actions aimed at improving performance of the organization.
Our almost fully documented Dairy [Milk Processing] FSMS includes a Food Safety Policy Manual; 13 SIPOC processes [Value chain, Support and Management]; 19 procedures; a Dairy Milk Processing HACCP System, the organization’s statutory and regulatory and other legal obligations register, the organization’s emergency preparedness and response plan, food defense plan, the organization’s risk register, and related documented FSMS templates and records. The comprehensive case study truly places Kelmac Group at the top of the market.
This course is CQI, IRCA & FSSC CertifiedWhat does this mean?
Our course offers recognized by CQI and IRCA plus FSSC meaning our learners will receive a certificate recognized by CQI and IRCA & FSSC 22000 including logos appearing.
Kelmac Group has been an IRCA Certified Training Provider for this course since 2005 and in 2018, we decided to also become a licensed training provider, recognized by the Foundation for Food Safety Certification (FSSC).
This offers extra added value to our customers!
We boast the most comprehensive documented FSMS Case Study available including an ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Policy Manual; 13 SIPOC processes [Value chain, Support and Management]; 19 procedures; Dairy – Milk Processing HACCP System and related documented templates and records.
Basic Course Requirements
- The Kelmac Group® is known for our in-person classroom or virtual classroom and hands-on activities, and we use an extensive toolbox to foster similar engagement and attention in our virtual classes. Our Consultant-Trainer and learners interact in real time via our flexible, online learning platform, resulting in an engaging and real-class environment. This is an ideal alternative to the typical classroom setting for professionals who are unable to travel or who just prefer the convenience of attending a class without having to leave their own personal environment.
- This class is delivered over five consecutive days, 08:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday
- Kelmac Group’s® virtual instructor-led training (VILT) is a live web-based learning experience where the Consultant-Trainer and learners are in separate locations.
- Kelmac Group’s® VILT technology platform is designed to ensure similar interaction as a traditional in-person classroom experience and allows for 2-way dialogue, break-out sessions for engaging workshops and hands-on exercises, and group work using virtual breakout rooms. This provides for an engaging learning experience in which learners can connect with the content and interact with both the Consultant-Trainer and other learners.
- The learning objectives and topics covered during the VILT are the same as the corresponding in-person version of the class. That said, to accommodate a virtual setting, the pace at which the VILT is delivered, and the structure of class workshops and exercises, is modified to support engagement in a virtual format. Virtual class participants receive eBooks instead of printed materials.
- All VILT classes are taught by the same, experienced team of Consultant-Trainers you’ve come to expect from the Kelmac Group®. Our team of VILT Consultant-Trainers are trained in virtual facilitation – ensuring a lively, interactive learning experience.
- How do I need to participate in a VILT class. First and foremost, your enthusiasm. In addition, course learners are required to have their own PC or laptop with a high-speed internet connection. We recommend a headset with microphone, video capability, and the ability to participate in the training from a private, quiet setting. If possible, have two monitors; one for the virtual classroom and the other for viewing training materials. Dual monitors may be helpful but are not required
To participate in the virtual training sessions, you will need:
- Use the latest version laptop or desktop computer. The laptop or desktop computer should not be in use for more than 4 years. (Note: A tablet or mobile device is not suitable for this training).
- HD Webcam – Built-in or USB plug-in
- Speakers and a microphone – Built-in or USB plug-in. We highly recommend a headset if you have this available for optimal audio quality
- Internet connection – Minimum of 2.5Mbps download, 3.0 Mbps upload
- Two display monitors are highly recommended
- One for joining the virtual classroom and, if applicable, viewing digital eCourse documentation
- The other for completing class exercises/assignments