ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor Certification Training Course
Course Overview Who is this course for?
This CQI & IRCA Certified ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training is based on assisting and verifying the competencies/capabilities of the Learner to be able to effectively audit a complete EMS based on ISO 14001:2015 requirements with specific emphasis of 2nd Party auditing [Customer/Supplier audits] and 3rd Party auditing [Certification Bodies].
During the delivery, the Learner will complete a Consultant facilitated complete systematic audit of a EMS. The facilitated audit of the EMS, will cover the full audit life cycle as defined by ISO 19011 and the Learner will have to demonstrate and be assessed on the effective application of audit tools and techniques, auditor skills and behaviors.
Key Course Learning Outcome Why this course is unique?
We focus on consistent interpretation & application the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and the ability to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a
different Environmental Management System scenarios to provide Assurance the Environmental Management System meets the needs of the interested parties.
Course Basics What is essential to know?
- This is a 5-day (40hr) learning event.
- Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 18:00pm (each day) with an earlier finish on the final day at 2pm
- Prior Learning Requirement: Learners are required to be familiar with ISO 14001:2015 Requirements or have completed a recognised EMS Fundamentals course based on ISO 14001:2015 prior to registering for this course.
Upcoming Dates and Locations Where can I register?
We are sorry but there are currently no public training dates available for this course at the moment! If you would like to send us your details, we will contact you when a course becomes available near you. If you have any questions about this course, call (312) 496 6607.
- The Business/Societal Case for ISO 14001:2015
- Purpose and Impact of Annex SL
- New and Revised Terminology
- The Relationship between External and Internal Issues, Interested Party Requirements
- Risks and Opportunities
- Effective Communication and Life Cycle Thinking
Introduction to Auditing
- Audit Terminology, Principles, EMS Audits
- Auditor Code of Ethics
- Management of an Audit Program
- Audit Life Cycle (On-site & Off-site Audit Activities)
- Auditor/Auditee Roles, Responsibilities*
- Desired Auditor Behaviours**
Introduction to EMS Auditing
- Aligning the Business Processes and the EMS Model*
- Process Terminology*
- Process Models/Methodology & Categories*
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of a Process*
- Processes and the Application of PDCA and Risk*
- The EMS Certification Cycle & 3rd Party Certification**
- Special Conformity Audits**
- Initiating & Preparing for the Audit
- Audit Trails
- Purpose and benefits for establishing initial contact and forms of contact
- Case Study: Document Review
- Audit Plan
- Audit Checklist
- Audit Protocol
- Purpose, process and benefit of an Opening Meeting
- Case Study – Opening Meeting
- Lead Auditor Leadership and Supervision**
- Responsibilities of the Lead Auditor
- Communication throughout the Audit Life Cycle
- Monitoring Audit Progress
- Consensus and Resolution Conflicts
- Lead Auditor Leadership
- Audit Reporting
- Audit Follow-Up
- Auditor/Technical Expert Coaching, Mentoring and Evaluation**
- Collecting and Verifying Information
- Introduction to Audit Findings
- Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing the Audit Report**
Completing the Audit
- Evaluating Correction & Corrective Action including Root Cause Analysis and Audit Finding Closure
- Audit Follow Up Strategies
- Final Audit Team Meeting
- Closing/Exit Meeting & Role Play
*Kelmac Group cover this topic in more depth compared to our competitors.
**Kelmac Group proven added value as this material is not covered by the IRCA specification or our competitors.
Course Certification CQI & IRCA Certified Course (A14128)
This course is fully recognized by CQI & IRCA.
Additional Course Information
- Individuals interested in conducting second- or third-party audits of EMS management systems
- Environmental Management Representatives
- Environmental Consultants
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental managers
- Environmental cross-functional team members of an environmental implementation project
- Certification Body/Registrar Auditors
- Individuals who want to become an IRCA Certified Provisional Auditor, Auditor, or Lead Auditor
Before starting this course, each student is expected to have the following prior knowledge: Knowledge of the following environmental management principles and concepts:
- The concept of environmental sustainable development whereby an organisation must ensure that actions of today do not degrade the environment of the future.
- The purpose of an initial review as the basis for establishing an environmental management system where none currently exists.
- Evaluation of activities, products and services in order to establish the environmental aspects associated with normal operating conditions, abnormal conditions such as start up and shutdown and emergency situations and accidents.
- Considerations of environmental aspects with respect to
- Emission to air, release to water and release to land
- Use of raw materials, natural resources and energy
- Energy emitted and lost e.g. heat, radiation, vibration, steam, and compressed air.
- Public nuisance such as light pollution, noise, and odour
- Environmental legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an environmental management system.
- Typical methods for evaluation of the significant impacts of the environmental aspects identified and how their ranking influences operational control and priorities for improvement.
Important: Good working knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 is required, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified EMS Fundamentals Training course or equivalent. Additionally, each student will be required to have their own copy of ISO 14001:2015 for use during the training
The Learner is assessed during the on-site class based on participation and performance throughout the duration of the course. This includes all exercises, role plays, case studies and all other activities during the course.
PLEASE NOTE: Full attendance is required during the training course.
There is a two-hour written auditor examination at the end of the on-site class. The written auditor examination is based on EMS, or ISO 14001:2015. The written examination is closed book; however, the student is required to have a hard-copy version of the relevant management system standard (ISO 14001:2015) for class use. The minimum pass rate for each written auditor examination is 70%.
Working with a Case Study: Almost Full Documented EMS Why is this important?
Each Learner will audit the almost full documented EMS from the unique Kelmac Group® assurance perspective. The Kelmac Group® assurance perspective is unique as we audit like many professional financial audit practices where the focus is on providing top management with the quality of insight to make decisions and actions aimed at improving performance of the organization.
We boast the most comprehensive documented EMS Case Study available including an Integrated EHS (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001) Manual; 13 SIPOC processes [Value chain, Support and Management]; 19 procedures; the organization’s environmental aspects/impacts register, the organization’s statutory and regulatory and other legal obligations register, the organization’s emergency preparedness and response plan and the organization’s risk register, and related documented environmental templates and records.
Evaluating Business Processes Why is this important?
One of the most important USPs of this Kelmac Group course is that we show each Learner how to evaluate business processes, not just ISO processes and align with the strategic intent of the organization.
Business Processes include Marketing & Sales, Design, Manufacturing, Logistics, Installation, Purchasing & HR. We cover this practically and from the EMS Auditor Perspective.
Others train followers, we train leaders™