Virtual [VILT] ISO 14001:2015 Fundamentals Training Course
Course Overview Who is this course for?
The focus of our ISO 14001:2015 Fundamentals Training is to comprehensively introduce Learners to Environmental Management Systems and provide them with a highly insightful introduction to the purpose, intent and requirements of ISO 14001 plus the business case for adopting ISO 14001.
Key Course Learning Outcome Why this course is unique?
Our training demonstrates to the Learner the benefits of adopting the unique Kelmac Group® One System Model for enhancing organizational compliance, effectiveness and efficiency based on utilizing Business Process Management to enhance ISO.
Course Basics What is essential to know about this course?
- This is a 1-day (8hr) learning event.
- Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 17:30pm (each day)
- Ideal for those looking to get started and understand the requirements of Environmental Management Systems and ISO 14001:2015.
Upcoming Dates and Locations Where can I register?
We are sorry but there are currently no public training dates available for this course at the moment! If you would like to send us your details, we will contact you when a course becomes available near you. If you have any questions about this course, call (312) 496 6607.
- The Business/Societal Case for ISO 14001:2015 and the Relationship with Environmental Performance, Protection of the Environment, and Prevention of Pollution*
- Overview of ISO 14001 Environmental Family of Standards
- How to Integrate with the Organization’s Business Model*
- Purpose and Impact of Annex SL
- New and Revised Terminology
- External and Internal Issues, Interested Party Requirements, Risks and Opportunities
ISO 14001:2015 – Context of the Organization
- The New Requirements for Context of the Organization
- The Organizations External and Internal Issues, Interested Parties, their Needs, Significance, Monitoring and Measurement
- The PDCA Cycle and the Process-based Environmental Management System Model for ISO 14001:2015
- Life Cycle Thinking
- Evidence and Sources*
ISO 14001:2015 – Leadership
- The New and Enhanced Requirements for Leadership
- Audit Evidence and Sources*
ISO 14001:2015 – Planning of the EMS
- The Requirements for Planning of the Environmental Management System
- Risks and Opportunities*
- Environmental Objectives and Plans to achieve them including the Relationship with the Environmental Policy & Management Review*
- Management of Change*
- Audit Evidence and Sources*
ISO 14001:2015 – Support
- The Requirements for Support
- The New and Enhanced Requirements for Awareness and Communications
- Annex SL Requirements for Documented Information and How It Differs from Previous Management System Requirements
ISO 14001:2015 – Operation
- The Requirements for Operation
- The New and Enhanced Requirements for Operational Planning and Control, specifically Outsourcing
- Audit Evidence and Sources*
ISO 14001:2015 – Performance Evaluation
- The Requirements for Environmental Performance Evaluation*
- The Requirements for Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation*
- Internal Auditing and Management Review*
ISO 14001:2015 – Improvement
- The Requirements for Improvement*
- The Requirements for Managing Non-Conformity and Corrective Action, and Continual Improvement*
- Certification and Accreditation*
*Kelmac Group cover this topic in more depth compared to our competitors.
**Kelmac Group proven added value as this material is not covered by the IRCA specification or our competitors.
Course Certification Kelmac Group certified
This course has been designed by leading experts to provide high quality training to professionals seeking to understand Environmental Management Systems based on ISO 14001:2015.
Additional Course Information
- Owner Managers
- Management Representatives
- Environmental Managers
- Environmental Professionals/Technicians
- Environmental Engineers
- EMS Practitioners
- Internal/External Auditors
- Procurement Personnel
- Financial Personnel
- Document Controllers
The Learner is assessed based on participation and performance evaluation throughout the duration of the course. This includes all exercises, role plays, case studies, tests and all other activities during the course.
Please note, full attendance is required during the Learning Event. The Learner is responsible for ensuring no other personal or business commitments prevent them from full attendance.
Working with a Case Study: Almost Full Documented EMS Why is this important?
Each Learner will have access to the almost full documented EMS from the unique Kelmac Group® assurance perspective. The Kelmac Group® assurance perspective is unique as we audit like many professional financial audit practices where the focus is on providing top management with the quality of insight to make decisions and actions aimed at improving performance of the organization.
We boast the most comprehensive documented EMS Case Study available including an Integrated EHS (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001) Manual; 13 SIPOC processes [Value chain, Support and Management]; 19 procedures; the organization’s environmental aspects/impacts register, the organization’s statutory and regulatory and other legal obligations register, the organization’s emergency preparedness and response plan and the organization’s risk register, and related documented environmental templates and records.
One System Model Why is this important?
The one system model is based on utilizing Business Process Management to enhance ISO based Management Systems.
Our course is unlike our competitors as we will outline a methodology for developing and implementing an Environmental Management System based upon the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, where the EMS is integrated with the organization’s business model.
Others train followers, we train leaders™
More Topics Covered In More Depth Why is this important?
In this course, we cover 13 topics in more depth than any of our competitors!
If you look at other courses, they are largely focused on knowledge based learning which does not cover all requirements of ISO 14001.