ISO 22000:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course | CQI & IRCA Certified
Course Overview Who is this course for?
We offer a comprehensive, highly interactive five-day CQI & IRCA Certified ISO 22000:2018 lead auditor training course that teaches Learners the principles, processes, and techniques used for the assessment of and management of Food Safety Hazards; and their significance for FSMS lead auditors.
Kelmac Group are the oldest IRCA Accredited Training Provider of ISO 22000 Lead Auditor training in the world since 2005. We have unmatched experience in this field that has seen us deliver this training in over 15 countries around the world. We are also the first CQI & IRCA Accredited Training Provider to achieve certification for our ISO 22000
Key Course Learning Outcome Why this course is unique?
We focus on consistent interpretation & application the requirements of ISO 22000:2018 and the ability to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of different Food Safety Management System scenarios to provide Assurance the Food Safety Management System meets the needs of the interested parties.
Course Basics What is essential to know about this course?
- This is a 5-day (40hr) learning event.
- Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 17:30pm (each day) with an earlier finish on the final day at 2pm*
- Prior Learning Requirements: There are important pre-requisites for this course, please review these important details in the Course Overview tab below.
- Please note: by registering for this course, each Learner is confirming that they have read and fulfill any relevant prior learning requirements for this course.
*the earlier finish depends on a course by course basis based on group size and pace of each class
Upcoming Dates and Locations Where can I register?
We are sorry but there are currently no public training dates available for this course at the moment! If you would like to send us your details, we will contact you when a course becomes available near you. If you have any questions about this course, call (312) 496 6607.
Introduction to Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS)
- What is an FSMS
- ISO 22000 Family of Standards
- Purpose, Benefits & Scope of ISO 22000:2018
- Structure of ISO 22000:2018**
- ISO 22000:2018 Terminology
- Key Concepts underpinning ISO 22000:2018**
- CCP, O-PRPs, PRPs**
- Industry Sector Pre-Requisite Programs
Introduction to FSMS Auditing
- Types of Management System Audits
- ISO 19011:2018 Audit Terminology
- ISO 19011:2018 Audit Principles** & CQI and IRCA Code of Conduct
- ISO 19011:2018 Audit Lifecycle**
- Audit Team and Auditee Roles
- ISO 19011:2018 Desired Auditor Behaviours
- ISO 19011:2018 Audit Program Management**
- Conformity Assessment Standards
Initiation and Preparation for the On-Site Audit
- Initiating & Preparing for the Audit
- Establish contact with the auditee**
- Audit scope, criteria, objectives
- Audit Feasibility**
- Audit working documents
- Document review prior to onsite audit
- Development of audit plan and audit checklists
Conducting the On-Site Audit
- Opening Meeting including Role Play
- Gathering Evidence
- Five Core Audit Methods**
- Audit Sampling**
- Management of the audit team
- Communication throughout the audit
- Handling Auditee Reactions**
- Live Simulated Audit of a documented FSMS
- Audit Finding Reporting
- Audit Report and Conclusion
Final Audit Team and Closing/Exit Meeting
- Final Audit Team Meeting**
- Closing/Exit Meeting
- Audit Follow Up including Evaluation of Corrective Actions
**Kelmac Group® proven added value as this material is not covered by CQI and IRCA Specification
Course Certification CQI and IRCA Certified Course (1981)
This course is fully recognized by CQI & IRCA (Course No. 1981). We are the first accredited training provider in the world to gain this approval with CQI & IRCA!
Additional Course Information
- Individuals interested in conducting second- or third-party audits of ISO 22000 management systems
- Quality/Food Safety Management Representatives
- Food Safety Consultants
- Food Production/Factory Managers
- Enforcement Officers/Regulatory Inspectors
- Microbiologists/Food Technologists/Veterinarians
- HACCP/Food Safety Team Members
- Line Supervisors
- Certification Body/Registrar Auditors
- Individuals who want to become a CQI/IRCA Certified Provisional Auditor, Auditor, or Lead Auditor
Before starting this course, each Learner is expected to have the following prior knowledge:
Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as FSSC, GLOBALGAP, BRC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to students’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified FSMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
Additionally, each Learner will be required to have their own copy of ISO 22000:2018 for use during the training
The Learner is assessed during the on-site class based on participation and performance throughout the duration of the course. This includes all exercises, role plays, case studies and all other activities during the course.
PLEASE NOTE: Full attendance is required during the training course.
There is a written auditor examination at the end of the class. The written auditor examination is based on FSMS, or ISO 22000. The written examination is closed book; however, the Learner is required to have a hard-copy version of the relevant management system standard (ISO 22000) for class use. The minimum pass rate for the written auditor examination is 70%.
Working with a Case Study: Almost Full Documented FSMS Why is this important?
Each Learner will audit the almost full documented FSMS from the unique Kelmac Group assurance perspective. The Kelmac Group assurance perspective is unique as we audit like many professional financial audit practices where the focus is on providing top management with the quality of insight to make decisions and actions aimed at improving performance of the organization.
Our almost fully documented Dairy [Milk Processing] FSMS includes a Food Safety Policy Manual; 13 SIPOC processes [Value chain, Support and Management]; 19 procedures; a Dairy Milk Processing HACCP System, the organization’s statutory and regulatory and other legal obligations register, the organization’s emergency preparedness and response plan, food defense plan, the organization’s risk register, and related documented FSMS templates and records. The comprehensive case study truly places Kelmac Group at the top of the market.
All Our Training Is Available In HouseCan’t come to us?
WE CAN COME TO YOU
WE CAN COME TO YOU
- Available Nationwide
- Tailored to you
- Fixed Fees, No Expenses*
- Groups of 5+
*Only available in IL, T&Cs apply