VIRTUAL [VILT] ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor Training Course
Course Overview Who is this course for?
The focus of the ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Training Course is on assisting and verifying the competencies & capabilities of the Learner to be able to effectively audit a process, activity or department/function of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013 requirements with specific emphasis of 1st Party auditing [Internal audits].
During the delivery, the Learner will complete a Consultant facilitated audit of a process within an ISMS, covering the full audit life cycle as defined by ISO 19011 & the Learner will have to demonstrate and be assessed on the effective application of audit tools and techniques, auditor skills and behaviors.
Key Course Learning Outcome Why this course is unique?
Provides Internal Auditors with both the confidence and ability to apply the audit assurance tools & techniques, methodology and desired behaviors to assess the organization’s ISMS processes & process controls to consistently preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the organization’s information assets and give confidence to interested parties that risks are adequately managed.
Course Basics What is essential to know about this course?
- This is a 2-day (16hr) learning event.
- Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 17:30pm (each day)
- Prior Learning Requirement: Learners are required to be familiar with ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Requirements or have received ISO/IEC 27001 Fundamentals training in advance of attending this course.
Upcoming Dates and Locations Where can I register?
We are sorry but there are currently no public training dates available for this course at the moment! If you would like to send us your details, we will contact you when a course becomes available near you. If you have any questions about this course, call (312) 496 6607.
- Introduction to Internal Auditing
- The role of Internal Audits and the Audit Life Cycle
- Audit Terminology and Principles
- Audit Types and Objectives
- Understanding the PDCA Cycle and Process Approach and their significance for Internal Auditors**
- Internal Auditor Competence, Roles Responsibilities
- Behaviours & Performance Evaluation**
- Business Process Management**
- Audit Planning (Process & Risk-based)**
- Initiating & Preparing for the on-site activities**
- Developing an Audit Plan/Scope Audit Protocol (Checklist/Process Documentation)**
- On-Site Audit Activities (Real Life Scenario)**
- Opening Meeting (Real Life Scenario)**
- Evidence, Methods & Procedure for Gathering Evidence (Wider Audit Methods)**
- Interviewing and Writing Audit Findings
- Handling and Managing Difficult Situations
- Auditing Reporting (In more depth)**
- Audit Findings, Terminology, Classification and Elements
- Writing Audit Findings & the Audit Report
- Completing the Audit
- Audit Follow-Up Strategies (In-depth)**
- Corrective and Preventative Action including Audit Finding Closure (Robust Evaluation)**
- Audit Follow Up
- Closing/Exit Meeting (Real Life Scenario)**
**not found on most standard/competitor courses
Course Certification Kelmac Group certified
This course has been designed by leading experts to provide high quality training to professionals seeking to internally audit Information Security Management Systems based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
Additional Course Information
Assessment of Process Effectiveness Why is this important?
To have a high performing ISMS that directly and indirectly impacts business performance requires a ISMS that is integrated with the organizations business processes.
Our course focuses on providing Learners with skills to provide real value and underpin Process Owner and other Stakeholder confidence – this leads to better improvements, more insightful audits, better quality information and therefore, better informed decisions.
Wider Coverage of Audit Methods Why is this important?
What sets the Kelmac Group® course apart from both the IRCA course specification and competitor courses is we develop the Learner’s competency using a wide variety of audit methods, namely interview, document review and analysis of process and product data and information and operational records.
By comparison, competitor courses only focus on one audit method, interview and this does not expose the ISMS Auditor to the real-life audit situation – the Kelmac Group course does.