ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Certification Training Course | IRCA
Course Overview Who is this course for?
This CQI & IRCA Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training Course is based on assisting and verifying the competencies/capabilities of the Learner to be able to effectively audit a complete QMS based on ISO 9001:2015 requirements with specific emphasis of 2nd Party auditing [Customer/Supplier audits] and 3rd Party auditing [Certification Bodies].
During the delivery, the Learner will complete a Consultant facilitated complete systematic audit of a QMS. The facilitated audit of the QMS, will cover the full audit life cycle as defined by ISO 19011 and the Learner will have to demonstrate and be assessed on the effective application of audit tools and techniques, auditor skills and behaviors.
Key Course Learning Outcome Why this course is unique?
With an additional 5 hours of learning compared to our competitors, we cover new and additional topics in more depth. We focus on auditing that provides Assurance that the Quality Management System meets the needs of the interested parties & our Learners are equipped to make higher quality insights for improved organizational performance.
Course Basics What is essential to know about this course?
- This is a 5-day (40hr) learning event.
- Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 17:30pm (each day) with an earlier finish on the final day at 2pm
- Prior Learning Requirement: Learners are required to be familiar with ISO 9001:2015 Requirements or have completed a recognised QMS Fundamentals course based on ISO 9001:2015 prior to registering for this course.
Upcoming Dates and Locations Where can I register?
We are sorry but there are currently no public training dates available for this course at the moment! If you would like to send us your details, we will contact you when a course becomes available near you. If you have any questions about this course, call (312) 496 6607.
- The Business/Societal Case for ISO 9001:2015*
- Purpose and Impact of Annex SL
- New and Revised Terminology
- The Relationship between External and Internal Issues, Interested Party Requirements
- Risks and Opportunities
- Effective Communication and Life Cycle Thinking
Introduction to Auditing
- Audit Terminology, Principles, QMS Audits
- Auditor Code of Ethics
- Management of an Audit Program
- Audit Terminology, Principles, QMS Audits
- Audit Life Cycle (On-site & Off-site Audit Activities)
- Auditor/Auditee Roles, Responsibilities*
- Desired Auditor Behaviours**
Introduction to QMS Auditing
- Process Terminology*
- Process Models/Methodology & Categories*
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of a Process*
- Processes and the application of PDCA & Risk*
- The QMS Certification Cycle & 3rd Party Certification**
- Special Conformity Audits**
- Initiating & Preparing for the Audit
- Audit Trails
- Purpose and benefits for establishing initial contact and forms of contact
- Case Study: Document Review
- Audit Plan
- Audit Checklist/Audit Protocol
- Purpose, process and benefit of an Opening Meeting
- Case Study – Opening Meeting
- Lead Auditor Leadership and Supervision**
- Responsibilities of the Lead Auditor
- Communication throughout the Audit Life Cycle
- Monitoring Audit Progress
- Consensus and Resolution Conflicts
- Audit Reporting
- Audit Follow-Up
- Auditor/Technical Expert Coaching, Mentoring and Evaluation**
- Collecting and Verifying Information
- Introduction to Audit Findings
- Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing the Audit Report**
Completing the Audit
- Evaluating Correction & Corrective Action including Root Cause Analysis and Audit Finding Closure
- Audit Follow Up Strategies
- Final Audit Team Meeting
- Closing/Exit Meeting & Role Play
Final Written QMS Examination [IRCA]
*Kelmac Group cover this topic in more depth compared to our competitors.
**Kelmac Group proven added value as this material is not covered by the IRCA specification or our competitors.
Course Certification CQI & IRCA Certified Course (A18114)
This course is fully recognized by CQI & IRCA.
Additional Course Information
- Quality Managers
- Quality Professionals/Technicians
- Quality Engineers
- Procurement Personnel
- Financial Personnel
- Document Controllers
- Internal Auditors
- Owner Managers
- Implementation Members
Before starting this course, students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
– Knowledge of the following quality management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle.
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8 Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000.
- The process approach used in quality management.
- The Model of a Process Based Quality Management System, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
– Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified QMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
Additionally- Each student will be required to have their own hard copy of ISO 9001:2015 for use during the training.
The delegate is assessed based on participation and performance throughout the duration of the course. This includes all exercises, role plays, case studies and all other activities during the course. Please note, full attendance is required during the training course.
There is a 2 hour written examination at the end of the course. The exam is closed book in that a delegate is entitled to use only their copy of the International Standard (s) in question or dictionary if delivery language is not their native language. The minimum pass rate for the examination is 70%.
Working with a Case Study: Almost Full Documented QMS Why is this important?
Each Learner will audit the almost full documented QMS from the unique Kelmac Group® assurance perspective. The Kelmac Group® assurance perspective is unique as we audit like many professional financial audit practices where the focus is on providing top management with the quality of insight to make decisions and actions aimed at improving performance of the organization.
We boast the most comprehensive documented QMS Case Study available in the market and provides the Learner with the most realistic practical audit experience available on the market including a ISO 9001:2015 Quality Manual; 13 SIPOC processes [Value chain, Support and Management]; 19 procedures; and related documented templates and records.
Evaluating Business Processes Why is this important?
One of the most important USPs of this Kelmac Group course is that we show each Learner how to evaluate business processes, not just ISO processes and align with the strategic intent of the organization. Business Processes include Marketing & Sales, Design, Manufacturing, Logistics, Installation, Purchasing & HR. We cover this practically and from the QMS Auditor Perspective.
Live Audit Vs. Facilitated Audit Which is better? Why?
Some competitors offer a “live” audit as part of their training. However a “live audit” of such short duration (>0.5 day typically) is of limited value as the Learner does not get an opportunity to audit an almost fully documented QMS.
Kelmac Group’s course includes a “facilitated” audit which enables us to truly verify the Learner’s core audit skills through working with an almost fully documented Quality Management System.
This offer is giving each Learner the opportunity when registering via the website to add a FREE license for our Online QMS Fundamentals based on ISO 9001:2015 Training Course (Fully Online Training Course).
For the CQI & IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor course, when completing your registration, you will be offered the opportunity to add a license for our Online ISO 9001:2015 Fundamentals for FREE. This will be added to the registration order. This will be the only time you can add this discounted license.
This is an exclusive online offer (website bookings only). This bundle is non-refundable, but any unused* portion can be transferred or include a Learner substitution within normal timelines as stated in our terms and conditions (click here to view).
To view more details about the Online ISO 9001:2015 Fundamentals course, please click here.
*unused is defined as any Learner that has not accessed the online course at any time or attended in part or in full the classroom training course that is included as part of this offer.