FSSC 22000 V4.1 + ISO 22000 Lead Auditor Training Course | CQI, IRCA & FSSC Certified
Course Overview Who is this course for?
We offer a comprehensive, highly interactive five-day FSSC 22000 V4.1 + ISO 22000:2018 Lead Auditor training course that teaches learners the principles, processes, and techniques used for the assessment of and management of Food Safety Hazards; and their significance for FSMS lead auditors.
Kelmac Group are the oldest IRCA Accredited Training Provider of ISO 22000 Lead Auditor training in the world since 2005.
Kelmac Group is also a licensed training provider, recognized by the Foundation for Food Safety Certification (FSSC).
Key Course Learning Outcome Why this course is unique?
We focus on consistent interpretation & application the requirements of FSSC 22000 V4.1 & ISO 22000:2018 and the ability to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of different Food Safety Management System scenarios to provide Assurance the Food Safety Management System meets the needs of the interested parties.
Course Basics What is essential to know about this course?
- This is a 5-day (40hr) learning event.
- Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 17:30pm (each day) with an earlier finish on the final day at 2pm*
- Prior Learning Requirements: There are important pre-requisites for this course, please review these important details in the Course Overview tab below.
- Please note: by registering for this course, each Learner is confirming that they have read and fulfill any relevant prior learning requirements for this course.
*the earlier finish depends on a course by course basis based on group size and pace of each class
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Please Contact Us if you need additional information or if you don't see a date that works for you. To register by phone, call (312) 496 6607
All our courses are available onsite, click below to reference the form for an onsite training quote or call (312) 496 6607
Early Bird Discounting Available:
Register & Pay 45 days in advance and save $ 100
Register & Pay 75 days in advance and save $ 200
Discounts cannot be combined with any other offer.
* Advance 45 Day Early Bird Discount, Terms & Conditions Apply
** Advance 75 Day Early Bird Discount, Terms & Conditions Apply
Introduction to Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS)
- Purpose and benefits of a FSMS
- Overview of HACCP
- Food Safety Hazard Controls: CCP, O-PRPs, PRPs
- Introduction to FSSC 22000 V4.1
- Industry sector pre-requisite programs
- ISO 22000:2018 Structure and Terminology
- ISO 22000:2018 Documentation requirements
- FSSC 22000 V4.1 – Food Fraud and Food Defense
- FSSC 22000 V4.1 – Other specific requirements
- Overview of variant FSSC 22000 schemes
Introduction to FSMS Auditing
- Types of Management System Audits
- ISO 19011:2018 Audit terminology
- ISO 19011:2018 Audit Principles & CQI and IRCA code of conduct
- ISO 19011:2018 Audit Lifecycle**
- Appointment of Lead Auditor and Audit Team
- Audit team and auditee duties and responsibilities
- ISO 19011:2018 Desired auditor behaviours**
- ISO 19011:2018 Audit Program Management**
- Conformity assessment standards**
Initiation and Preparation for the On-Site Audit
- Initiating and preparing for the audit
- Establish contact with the auditee**
- Audit scope, criteria, objectives
- Audit Feasibility**
- Audit working documents
- Document review prior to onsite audit
- Development of audit plan and audit checklists
Conducting the On-Site Audit
- Opening meeting including roleplay
- Gathering evidence
- Five core audit methods**
- Audit Sampling**
- Management of the audit team
- Communication throughout the audit
- Handling auditee reactions**
- Live Simulated Audit of a documented FSMS
- FSSC 22000 V4.1 Audit finding grading
- FSSC 22000 V4.1 Audit report and conclusion
Final Audit Team and Closing/Exit Meeting
- Final Audit Team meeting**
- Closing/Exit meeting including roleplay
- FSSC 22000 V4.1 Audit follow up including evaluation of corrective actions
**Kelmac Group® proven added value as this material is not covered by CQI and IRCA or FSSC 22000 specifications
Course Certification CQI and IRCA Certified Course (A17189) & FSSC Certified (Dual Approval)
This course is fully recognized by CQI & IRCA. Kelmac Group is both a CQI and IRCA Certified Training Provider for this course (1981).
Kelmac Group® is also a licensed training provider, recognized by the Foundation for Food Safety Certification (FSSC).
Additional Course Information
- Individuals interested in conducting second- or third-party audits of ISO 22000 or FSSC 22000 Rev 4.1 management systems
- Quality/Food Safety Management Representatives
- Food Safety Consultants
- Food Production/Factory Managers
- Enforcement Officers/Regulatory Inspectors
- Microbiologists/Food Technologists/Veterinarians
- HACCP/Food Safety Team Members
- Line Supervisors
- Certification Body/Registrar Auditors
- Individuals who want to become a CQI/IRCA Certified Provisional Auditor, Auditor, or Lead Auditor
Before starting this course, each Learner is expected to have the following prior knowledge:
Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as FSSC, GLOBALGAP, BRC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to students’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified FSMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
Additionally, each Learner will be required to have their own copy of all ISO+FSSC 22000 standards for use during the training
The Learner is assessed during the on-site class based on participation and performance throughout the duration of the course. This includes all exercises, role plays, case studies and all other activities during the course.
PLEASE NOTE: Full attendance is required during the training course.
There is a written auditor examination at the end of the class. The written auditor examination is based on FSMS, or ISO 22000. The written examination is closed book; however, the Learner is required to have a hard-copy version of the relevant management system standard (ISO 22000) for class use. The minimum pass rate for the written auditor examination is 70%.
This course is CQI, IRCA & FSSC Certified What does this mean?
Our course offers recognized by CQI and IRCA plus FSSC meaning our learners will receive a certificate recognized by CQI and IRCA & FSSC 22000 including logos appearing.
Kelmac Group has been an IRCA Certified Training Provider for this course since 2005 and in 2018, we decided to also become a licensed training provider, recognized by the Foundation for Food Safety Certification (FSSC).
This offers extra added value to our customers!
Working with a Case Study: Almost Full Documented FSMS Why is this important?
Each Learner will audit the almost full documented FSMS from the unique Kelmac Group assurance perspective. The Kelmac Group assurance perspective is unique as we audit like many professional financial audit practices where the focus is on providing top management with the quality of insight to make decisions and actions aimed at improving performance of the organization.
Our almost fully documented Dairy [Milk Processing] FSMS includes a Food Safety Policy Manual; 13 SIPOC processes [Value chain, Support and Management]; 19 procedures; a Dairy Milk Processing HACCP System, the organization’s statutory and regulatory and other legal obligations register, the organization’s emergency preparedness and response plan, food defense plan, the organization’s risk register, and related documented FSMS templates and records. The comprehensive case study truly places Kelmac Group at the top of the market.
All Our Training Is Available In HouseCan’t come to us?
WE CAN COME TO YOU
WE CAN COME TO YOU
- Available Nationwide
- Tailored to you
- Fixed Fees, No Expenses*
- Groups of 5+
*Only available in IL, T&Cs apply