VIRTUAL [VILT] ISO 9001:2015 Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course | CQI-IRCA Certified
Course Overview Who is this course for?
This VIRTUAL [VILT] CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course is based on assisting and verifying the competencies/capabilities of the Learner to be able to effectively audit a complete QMS based on ISO 9001:2015 requirements with specific emphasis of 2nd Party auditing [Customer/Supplier audits] and 3rd Party auditing [Certification Bodies].
During the delivery, the Learner will complete a Consultant-Trainer facilitated complete systematic audit of a QMS. The facilitated audit of the QMS, will cover the full audit life cycle as defined by ISO 19011:2018 and the Learner will have to demonstrate and be assessed on the effective application of audit tools and techniques,
Key Course Learning Outcome Why this course is unique?
With an additional learning compared to our competitors, we cover new and additional topics in more depth. We focus on auditing that provides Assurance that the Quality Management System meets the needs of the interested parties & our Learners are equipped to make higher quality insights for improved organizational performance. Our ISO 9001:2015 Auditor/Lead Auditor Class contain >50% additional skill based exercises compared to equivalent training offerings.
Course Basics What is essential to know?
- This is a 5-day (40hr) learning event (classroom).
- Start/Finish Times: 08:00am – 17:30pm (each day) with an earlier finish on the final day at 2pm
- Prior Learning Requirement: Learners are required to be familiar with ISO 9001:2015 Requirements or have completed a recognised QMS Fundamentals course based on ISO 9001:2015 prior to registering for this course.
- Course Dates
- Course Program/Topics
- Why Our Course
- Basic Course Requirements
- Virtual Technology Requirements
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Please Contact Us if you need additional information or if you don't see a date that works for you. To register by phone, call (312) 496 6607
All our courses are available onsite, click below to reference the form for an onsite training quote or call (312) 496 6607
Early Bird Discounting Available:
Register & Pay 45 days in advance and save $ 50
Register & Pay 75 days in advance and save $ 100
Discounts cannot be combined with any other offer.
* Advance 45 Day Early Bird Discount, Terms & Conditions Apply
** Advance 75 Day Early Bird Discount, Terms & Conditions Apply
- The Business/Societal Case for ISO 9001:2015*
- Purpose and Impact of Annex SL
- New and Revised Terminology
- The Relationship between External and Internal Issues, Interested Party Requirements
- Risks and Opportunities
- Effective Communication and Life Cycle Thinking
Introduction to Auditing
- Audit Terminology, Principles, QMS Audits
- Auditor Code of Ethics
- Management of an Audit Program
- Audit Terminology, Principles, QMS Audits
- Audit Life Cycle (On-site & Off-site Audit Activities)
- Auditor/Auditee Roles, Responsibilities*
- Desired Auditor Behaviours**
Introduction to QMS Auditing
- Process Terminology*
- Process Models/Methodology & Categories*
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of a Process*
- Processes and the application of PDCA & Risk*
- The QMS Certification Cycle & 3rd Party Certification**
- Special Conformity Audits**
- Initiating & Preparing for the Audit
- Audit Trails
- Purpose and benefits for establishing initial contact and forms of contact
- Case Study: Document Review
- Audit Plan
- Audit Checklist
- Audit Protocol
- Purpose, process and benefit of an Opening Meeting
- Case Study – Opening Meeting
- Lead Auditor Leadership and Supervision**
- Responsibilities of the Lead Auditor
- Communication throughout the Audit Life Cycle
- Monitoring Audit Progress
- Consensus and Resolution Conflicts
- Lead Auditor Leadership
- Audit Reporting
- Audit Follow-Up
- Auditor/Technical Expert Coaching, Mentoring and Evaluation**
- Collecting and Verifying Information
- Introduction to Audit Findings
- Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing Audit Findings
- Case Study: Writing the Audit Report**
Completing the Audit
- Evaluating Correction & Corrective Action including Root Cause Analysis and Audit Finding Closure
- Audit Follow Up Strategies
- Final Audit Team Meeting
- Closing/Exit Meeting & Role Play
*Kelmac Group cover this topic in more depth compared to our competitors.
**Kelmac Group proven added value as this material is not covered by the IRCA specification or our competitors.
Course Certification CQI & IRCA Certified Course (A18114)
This course is fully recognized by CQI & IRCA.
Additional Course Information
Before starting this course, Learners are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
– Knowledge of the following quality management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle.
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8 Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000.
- The process approach used in quality management.
- The Model of a Process Based Quality Management System, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
– Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA certified QMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
Additionally-Each Learner will be required to have their own hard copy of ISO 9001:2015 for use during the training.
The delegate is assessed based on participation and performance throughout the duration of the course. This includes all exercises, role plays, case studies and all other activities during the course. Please note, full attendance is required during the training course.
There is a 2 hour written examination at the end of the course. The exam is closed book in that a delegate is entitled to use only their copy of the International Standard (s) in question or dictionary if delivery language is not their native language. The minimum pass rate for the examination is 70%.
- Quality Managers
- Quality Professionals/Technicians
- Quality Engineers
- Procurement Personnel
- Financial Personnel
- Document Controllers
- Internal Auditors
- Owner Managers
- Implementation Members
Working with a Case Study: Almost Full Documented QMS Why is this important?
Each Learner will audit the almost full documented QMS from the unique Kelmac Group® assurance perspective. The Kelmac Group® assurance perspective is unique as we audit like many professional financial audit practices where the focus is on providing top management with the quality of insight to make decisions and actions aimed at improving performance of the organization.
We boast the most comprehensive documented QMS Case Study available in the market and provides the Learner with the most realistic practical audit experience available on the market including a ISO 9001:2015 Quality Manual; Turtle processes [Value chain, Support and Management]; procedures; and related documented templates and records.
Evaluating Business Processes Why is this important?
One of the most important USPs of this Kelmac Group course is that we show each Learner how to evaluate business processes, not just ISO processes and align with the strategic intent of the organization. Business Processes include Marketing & Sales, Design, Manufacturing, Logistics, Installation, Purchasing & HR. We cover this practically and from the QMS Auditor Perspective.
Live Audit Vs. Facilitated Audit Which is better? Why?
Some competitors offer a “live” audit as part of their training. However a “live audit” of such short duration (>0.5 day typically) is of limited value as the Learner does not get an opportunity to audit an almost fully documented QMS.
Kelmac Group’s course includes a “facilitated” audit which enables us to truly verify the Learner’s core audit skills through working with an almost fully documented Quality Management System.
- The Kelmac Group® is known for our in-person classrom and hands-on activities, and we use an extensive toolbox to foster similar engagement and attention in our virtual classes. Our Consultant-Trainer and learners interact in real time via our flexible, online learning platform, resulting in an engaging and real-class environment. This is an ideal alternative to the typical classroom setting for professionals who are unable to travel or who just prefer the convenience of attending a class without having to leave their own personal environment.
- This class is delivered over five consecutive days, 08:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday
- Kelmac Group’s® virtual instructor-led training (VILT) is a live web-based learning experience where the Consultant-Trainer and learners are in separate locations.
- Kelmac Group’s® VILT technology platform is designed to ensure similar interaction as a traditional in-person classroom experience and allows for 2-way dialogue, break-out sessions for engaging workshops and hands-on exercises, and group work using virtual breakout rooms. This provides for an engaging learning experience in which learners can connect with the content and interact with both the Consultant-Trainer and other learners.
- The learning objectives and topics covered during the VILT are the same as the corresponding in-person version of the class. That said, to accommodate a virtual setting, the pace at which the VILT is delivered, and the structure of class workshops and exercises, is modified to support engagement in a virtual format. Virtual class participants receive eBooks instead of printed materials.
- All VILT classes are taught by the same, experienced team of Consultant-Trainers you’ve come to expect from the Kelmac Group®. Our team of VILT Consultant-Trainers are trained in virtual facilitation – ensuring a lively, interactive learning experience.
- How do I need to participate in a VILT class. First and foremost, your enthusiasm. In addition, course learners are required to have their own PC or laptop with a high-speed internet connection. We recommend a headset with microphone, video capability, and the ability to participate in the training from a private, quiet setting. If possible, have two monitors; one for the virtual classroom and the other for viewing training materials. Dual monitors may be helpful but are not required
To participate in the virtual training sessions, you will need:
- Use the latest version laptop or desktop computer. The laptop or desktop computer should not be in use for more than 4 years. (Note: A tablet or mobile device is not suitable for this training).
- HD Webcam – Built-in or USB plug-in
- Speakers and a microphone – Built-in or USB plug-in. We highly recommend a headset if you have this available for optimal audio quality
- Internet connection – Minimum of 2.5Mbps download, 3.0 Mbps upload
- Two display monitors are highly recommended
- One for joining the virtual classroom and, if applicable, viewing digital eCourse documentation
- The other for completing class exercises/assignments