Some Ways Your Business Can Benefit From ISO 9001:2015 Certification
September 05, 2018
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is the world’s largest developer of voluntary International Standards. ISO 9001 standards address various aspects of quality management. These standards provide guidance and tools for companies and organizations who want to ensure their products and services consistently meet their customers’ requirements.
Why organizations pursue ISO 9001:2015 Certification
ISO 9001:2015 is the newest version of ISO 9001. Here are just a few of the many reasons companies get certified to ISO 9001.
- Customer demands: Many organizations require their suppliers to obtain ISO 9001:2015 Certification as a key contractual requirement.
- Brand equality: ISO 9001 significantly reduces the likelihood of costly product recalls and associated brand damage.
- Saving money: Because ISO 9001 helps businesses avoid scrap, rework, recalls, rejects, service calls, warranty claims, and more, companies can save a lot of money.
Financial benefits of ISO 9001
As stated above, ISO 9001:2015 can help businesses save money. There are many other financial benefits of ISO 9001, and they include the following.
- ISO 9001-certified organizations are more competent and paid 7% more on average for their services.
- More than 85% of certified organizations report benefits including improved company perception, higher demand for products and services, and an increased market share.
- An independent study found that certification of ISO 9001 leads to improved financial performance measured by return on assets (ROA).
- Companies certified with ISO 9001 have better sales growth compared to non-certified companies.
- Payroll for certified firms grows more than 13% compared to similar firms that are not certified with ISO 9001.
Millions of companies around the work pursue ISO 9001:2015 Certification, and they reap these benefits. Plus, ISOs are revised every eight years and adjusted to be more fit for purpose. As the world changes, so do the standards. If you’re ready to get your company certified with ISO 9001:2015, contact us today!
- » Auditor Training (3)
- » Combined ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 (4)
- » Environmental Management & ISO 14001 (6)
- » Food Safety & ISO/FSSC 22000 (7)
- » Information Security & ISO/IEC 27001 (4)
- » Integrated Management Systems (3)
- » Medical Devices & ISO 13485 (5)
- » Occupational Health & Safety and OHSAS 18001 (5)
- » Quality Management & ISO 9001 (21)