Case Study: Zevas Communications achieves ISO 27001 Certification
Zevas, established in 2001, is a privately owned leading provider of outsourced customer contact solutions for companies who are serious about every customer communication. Zevas serves a cross section of industry verticals, from Telecommunications to Financial Services across European and North American markets.
What We Did ISO 27001 Certification Consulting
- The Deliverables
The project deliverables included:
- Alignment of business vision, strategic/business goals and the Zevas Communications ISMS
- Active awareness/engagement of the Leadership Team
- Development of best practice information security policies, processes, procedures and controls based upon ISO/IEC 27001/27002 requirements
- Integration between everyday business practices and ISMS controls and best-practices. It was acknowledged some business practices needed to be formalized and strengthened.
- Leading and lagging information security controls/metrics in-built into business and ISMS process
- Adoption of a consistent approach to information security practices
- Culture and behavior change across the organization led by the leadership team
- Achieve ISO 27001 Certification at the first attempt
- The Results
In addition to attaining ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification with no non-conformities, the following are the key results this project helped Zevas Communications attain, namely:
- The Kelmac Group® successfully aligned and integrated the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27002:2013 into their informal operating processes
- The adoption and integration of the ISMS enabled Zevas Communication set up its operations to providing consistent and security call management services to its existing and enables Zevas Communication bring a significant new customer on board
- Zevas Communications have adopted a consistent approach and best practices to information security within a relatively young matrix organization
- Zevas communication has significantly improved their risk based thinking and improved most of their information security controls based upon ISO/IEC 27001/27002 requirements and industry best practices
- Added Benefits Beyond Certification
The most significant benefit this engagement brought Zevas Communications was the positive message it made to their clients, namely it fulfilled a commitment Zevas Communications made to their existing and potentially new clients’ regarding the information security management system and the access, confidentiality and integrity of the customer contact bespoke solutions it provides to their clients.
Internally the most significant benefit has resulted in the adoption of a consistent and best practice approach via their information security controls and practices within a relatively young organization. This will help Zevas Communications provide a competitive, innovative and cost effective level of customer contact and communication service to their clients via a variety of modern and secure technologies, whether it’s over the phone, by VoIP, email or on the web, delivered as a tailored solution.
“Zevas Communications chose the Kelmac Group® for two reasons, one the new One Model System™ approach appealed to them and secondly the promised hands-on and their direct hand-on approach was seen as essential to the successful deployment of ISMS within Zevas Communications”